- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Spinach Basil Smoothie Recipe Video
|Spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Holy basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.63%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.5 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.9%
Sugars 43.6 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 363.3%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a chopping board, place the oranges, using a sharp knife cut them into halves and set aside.
2. Take a juicer and start juicing the oranges one by one. Once done set them aside.
3. In a blender, pour in the orange juice, add the spinach leaves and holy basil.
4. Cover the blender with a lid and blend it for about 2 minutes or until it is nice and smooth.
5. Take a glass jar or pitcher and pour the smoothie into it.
6. Serve the orange spinach basil smoothie either chilled or at room temperature in tall glasses.
If you do not want to cut and juice fresh oranges, you can also use 1 pint of store bought fresh orange juice.