- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Souffle Nantaise Recipe
|Crushed macaroons||4 Tablespoon|
|Grand marnier||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (A Little)|
|Eggs||3 Large, separated|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Oranges||3 Small, grated rind and strained juice|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, made up to 2 1/2 fluid ounce with water|
|Double cream||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce, whipped and sweetened (1 Small Carton)|
|Macaroon crumbs||2 Tablespoon (For Decorations)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3030 Calories from Fat 1753
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 195 g299.8%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g111.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 408.7 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 285 g95%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g76.9%
Sugars 254.4 g
Protein 43 g86.7%
Vitamin A 36.3% Vitamin C 401.5%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare the souffle dish.
2) Soak the macaroons in the liqueur.
3) In a pot, add egg yolks, sugar, lemon and orange rinds, and strained orange juice.
4) Stand the pot over hot water and on low heat whisk till the mix is thick and creamy.
5) Remove from the heat and continue whisking for 5 minutes or until the bowl is cool.
6) Whip the cream and gently fold it into the sugar mix.
7) In a bowl, add lemon juice and water and dissolve gelatin.
8) Add into the mix and stir.
9) Beat the egg whites till stiff.
10) Place bowl with souffle mix over ice and slowly fold in the egg whites.
11) Turn out the mix into a souffle dish when it starts to thicken.
12) Layer with macaroons, cool and allow to set.
13) Take out the paper from the souffle dish when the mixture is firm.
14) Lightly press in the macaroon crumbs around the sides and top the souffle with dollops of sweet whipped cream.