- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Slice Cookies Recipe
|Chopped orange candy slices||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oats||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 61.8 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, dredge the orange candy slices with flour and set aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, salt and spices and keep aside.
4. Lightly grease 2-3 baking sheets with oil or butter.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F before baking
6. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and beat with an electric mixer until soft.
7. Gradually add the sugars, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
8. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until well incorporated into the creamed mixture.
9. Blend the milk and vanilla.
10. Add the flour mixture in batches alternately with the milk and beat at a low speed until well blending to form a thick batter.
11. Fold in the oats, candy and coconut.
12. Use a teaspoon to drop the batter in heaps, onto the cookie sheets, leaving 1 inch space between each.
13. Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and dry.
14. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden.
15. Pack them and include in your Christmas or Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies in a wax paper lined air tight container or jar, in a cool dry place.