- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Shortbread: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Zest of orange||2|
|Chopped candied orange peel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3423 Calories from Fat 1639
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 187 g287.2%
Saturated Fat 116.6 g583.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 486.8 mg
Sodium 1014.2 mg42.3%
Total Carbohydrates 406 g135.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.7%
Sugars 153.1 g
Protein 36 g72.2%
Vitamin A 118.2% Vitamin C 138.8%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 83.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. To the mixer now add milk, vanilla & orange zest. Beat until just combined.
3. Turn mixer off and add flour, salt and candied orange peel. Mix again, until just combined.
4. On 2 pieces of plastic wrap, divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and shape into logs (2-3" in diameter).
5. Wrap logs up in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 375 ̊F.
7. Using a sharp, non-serrated knife, slice cookies into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until edges are golden, about 12-14 minutes.
8. Remove parchment from baking sheet and let cookies cool on rack.
9. Serve with your choice of beverages and enjoy!