- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Sauce Recipe
|Oranges||4 Large, squeezed|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , squeezed|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, freshly grated (About 2 Oranges)|
|Grand marnier/Any orange liqueur||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 918 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.5%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 434.7 mg
Sodium 26.8 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 151 g50.5%
Dietary Fiber 22.5 g90.2%
Sugars 118.3 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 61.2% Vitamin C 672.2%
Calcium 43.4% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine orange and lemon juice measuring about 1 1/3 cups.
2. Add water to equal 2 2/3 cups liquid.
3. Stir in arrowroot blended with a little liquid and mix in grated orange rind.
4. Place pan on a medium low heat and bring to a boil, stirring
5. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, until sauce is thick and translucent.
6. Add sugar and butter and cook, stirring until sugar dissolves.
7. Spoon some of the hot sauce into beaten egg yolks and blend.
8. Add egg yolk mixture to remaining sauce in pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes without boiling.
9. Strain sauce into a bowl or sauce boat and stir in Grand Marnier.
10. Serve sauce warm or cool accompanying desserts like soufflés or cakes.