- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Poppy-Seed Cake Recipe Video
|For the wet ingredients|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), granulated|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||2 Medium, grated|
|Orange juice||2 Medium, squeezed (approx. 1/2 cup of juice from 2 oranges)|
|For the dry ingredients|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for dusting the cake)|
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.5 mg
Sodium 221.1 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 28.3 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. Keep aside.
3. In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add in the eggs and beat well. Scrape the sides of the bowl for any mixture using a spatula and beat the mixture for a few seconds.
5. Add in the vanilla extract, orange rind and orange juice. Beat the mixture well.
6. Combine the dry ingredients into the electric mixer and mix the batter well.
7. Take the greased bun pan and pour this batter into it, smooth out the surface using a spatula. Bake this bun pan in the preheated oven at 350 degrees for about an hour or until done.
8. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes before sliding it out from the pan.
9. Once cooled, dust the orange poppy-seed cake with icing sugar and serve with tea or coffee for breakfast.