- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Poached Pears Recipe
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Pears||6 , peeled, halved, and cored|
Calories 873 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.66 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.3 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 227 g75.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.5%
Sugars 199.5 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 94.7%
Calcium 5% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large skillet, add first 4 ingredients.
2) Place the skillet over medium heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Stir the liquid to dissolve sugar and boil for another 5 minutes.
4) Add pears and cover this with a lid.
5) Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn the pears once in between.
6) In a medium bowl, transfer pears and the syrup.
7) Cover the bowl and place inside refrigerator to chill completely.
8) Use dessert dishes to spoon pears and syrup. Add whipped cream and a twist of orange rind as toppings.