- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Pistachio Biscotti Recipe
|Flour||8 Ounce (2 Cups, 250 Gram)|
|Sugar||8 Ounce (1 Cup, 250 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pistachios||2 1⁄2 Ounce, shelled and toasted (75 Gram)|
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 148.8 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2) In another bowl mix thoroughly eggs, egg whites, orange rind and vanilla essence and whisk till blended.
3) To the flour mixture mix egg and pistachio nuts and knead to smooth dough.
4) Knead again on lightly floured surface.
5) Divide into two equal portions and roll each portion into a log with a diameter of 5 cm / 2 in. 6) With flat of your hand, flatten logs slightly and place 10 cm/4 in apart on a nonstick baking tray.
7) Bake at 180° C/350° F/Gas 4 for 30 minutes.
8) Take out from oven and keep aside to cool.
9) Reduce temperature to 150° C/300° F/Gas.
10) Cool the logs and cut into 1 cm / 1/2 in thick slices.
11) Arrange in a nonstick baking tray and bake for further 10 minutes.
12) Serve the crisp biscuits with tea or coffee.