- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Pecans Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 964 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 11.9 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 221 g73.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.43 g1.7%
Sugars 210.8 g
Protein 0.74 g1.5%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 74.6%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan mix well combining sugar, corn syrup and orange juice.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°).
3. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
4. With a wooden spoon beat until mixture just begins to thicken.
5. Stir in pecans and orange rind.
6. Working rapidly, drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper and let it cool.
7. Serve the pecans as snacks, with beverages or use in other preparations if desired.