- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Pear Crown Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.6 mg
Sodium 246.3 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 19%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Grease an 8-cup ring mold liberally and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar. Tap out the excess, if any.
3) Pare the pears and cut them in half. Core and grate them coarsely to make about 2 cups. Set aside.
4) In a medium-sized bowl, cream the margarine or butter with the granulated and brown sugars and blend well. Add the egg and beat till the mixture is fluffy and light.
5) Add the grated pears and the flour mixture and stir till well beldned.
6) Into the prepared mold, spoon the concoction.
7) Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes or till the top is firm. For 5 minutes, cool on the wire rack.
8) Use a knife to carefully lossen around the edge and center hole. Onto a serving plate, invert the preparation.
9) Serve warm after spooning orange pears in the center and cutting into wedges.