- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Peanut Brittle Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raw peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2779 Calories from Fat 770
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.5%
Saturated Fat 27.1 g135.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1617.3 mg67.4%
Total Carbohydrates 496 g165.4%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.6%
Sugars 299.1 g
Protein 40 g79.9%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 43.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a heavy Dutch oven and mix the peanuts, sugar and corn syrup in it.
2) Cook over medium heat by stirring continuously until the soft crack stage of 290° is reached.
3) Remove from the flame and stir in the orange rind along with the coconut.
4) Add the soda and mix well by stirring.
5) Take two jelly roll pans with dimensions 15- x 10- x 1-inches.
6) Warm and butter the pans before spreading the mixture in it.
7) Allow the mixture to cool, break into pieces and serve.