- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Nut Loaf Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 1725 Calories from Fat 705
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.6%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g82.9%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1340.3 mg55.8%
Total Carbohydrates 235 g78.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 132.1 g
Protein 23 g45.5%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 69.3%
Calcium 36.5% Iron 45.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In a bowl, add shortening and beat to a creamy consistency.
3) Slowly add sugar by continuous beating to a light and fluffy mixture.
4) Add eggs one by one and beat each time.
5) Separately combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the creamed mixture and mix to a smooth batter.
6) Slowly pour in orange juice and blend properly.
7) Fold in orange rind and pecans.
8) Use a greased and floured 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan to spoon batter.
9) Bake inside oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until bread tests done.
10) Slice the bread and serve with butter or honey.