- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Muffins Recipe
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), divided|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 883 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.1 mg50.4%
Sodium 333 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.6%
Sugars 78.7 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 23.9% Vitamin C 60.2%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grate peel from two of the oranges. Squeeze orange juice. Place it aside.
2) In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder; set aside.
3) Preheat the oven to 375°.
4) In a large bowl, add butter or margarine to beat in with an electric mixer until softened.
5) Put 1 cup of the sugar, vanilla, and grated orange peel and beat well.
6) Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
7) In a small bowl, add buttermilk and 1/2 cup of the orange juice to stir.
8) Alternately add flour and orange juice mixture, to beat on low to medium speed after each addition to combine well.
9) Fold in chopped raisins.
10) Use greased muffin pans or place paper bake cups to fill 2/3 full.
11) Place inside oven to bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean.
12) Prepare orange topping, stir together the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, and the corn syrup until sugar dissolves in a medium bowl.
13) Dip muffin tops into orange topping to serve.