- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Marmalade Bavarian Recipe
|Milk||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||6 , slightly beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 tablespoons)|
|Orange marmalade||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 cup, 1 can)|
|Orange sections||4 (as required)|
|Orange rind||2 , shredded (as required)|
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.4 mg
Sodium 169.2 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 34.1 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 15% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Reconstitute instant or regular dry milk by package directions.
2) In a saucepan, add 4 cups of reconstituted milk to scald.
3) In top of double boiler, add egg yolks, sugar and salt to mix.
4) Pour in the scalded milk, and place over boiling water.
5) Stir in the mixture to cook until the spoon is coated with mixture.
6) In remaining ½ cup cold milk add gelatin to soften.
7) Add to the hot custard mixture to dissolve.
8) Place inside refrigerator to chill until partly thickened.
9) Add marmalade and flavorings to blend in a mixer or blender.
10) Use a 3 pt. mold or individual molds to pour the mixture.
11) Place inside refrigerator to chill for 24 hours.
12) Unmold on a serving plate and garnish with orange sections and rind.