- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Marmalade Recipe
|Oranges||12 (Not Too Ripe, But Firm)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1005 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10.4 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 272 g90.8%
Dietary Fiber 62.1 g248.6%
Sugars 189.4 g
Protein 18 g35.1%
Vitamin A 87.9% Vitamin C 1877.6%
Calcium 103.3% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the ends of the oranges and lemons and then slice thinly along with the peel.
2. Remove the pips and discard them.
3. Measure the fruit and add to a large pan.
4. Add half as much water to the pan.
5. Cover and let oranges soak overnight.
6. Place the pan over a medium flame and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Simmer until the oranges are tender
8. Take off the flame and measure or weight the fruit mixture.
9. Add 1 pound sugar to each pound of fruit.
10. Return the pan to the stove and boil the mixture for almost 20 minutes until it is thick and viscous and leave a tail when stirred.
11. Bottle in sterilized jars and store in a cool dry place.
12. Serve marmalade for breakfast or use as required in cooking.