- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Lemon Fluff Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
|Squeezed orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, squeezed|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 72 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg
Sodium 56.2 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.28%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water and allow to soften for about 5 minutes.
2) Then cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved.
3) In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks and honey together.
4) Whisk in a little gelatin mixture into the beaten yolks, then return to the saucepan.
5) Whisk and cook over a low heat for about 8 minutes, until the mixture is slightly thickened.
6) Stir in the orange juice and lemon juice, blend thoroughly.
7) In a small bowl, pour the mixture and refrigerate until just thickened.
8) In a medium-size bowl, beat egg the whites until foamy.
9) Beat in the cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
10) Fold in the orange-lemon mixture, spoon equally into 4 dessert dishes and refrigerate until set.
11) Garnish each Orange Lemon Fluff serving with an orange section and a mint leaf, if desired and serve.