- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Lace Cookies Recipe
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen unsweetened orange juice concentrate||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, thawed|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1 Dash|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12.1 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.6%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix sugar and margarine with a spoon until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Stir in corn syrup.
4. Add orange juice concentrate; stir well until thoroughly mixed.
5. Add flour, orange peel, and mace; stir well.
6. On a nonstick baking sheet, spoon 4 heaping teaspoon of batter; keep 6 inch space in between each.
7. Place the baking sheet in the middle of center oven rack and bake for 6-8 minutes until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
8. Transfer the baking sheet on the wire rack and let it stand for 2 minutes for cooling slightly.
9. Carefully remove the cookies with a plastic pancake turner and place on the wire rack until it is cooled down completely.
10. Repeat the same procedure and make another batch of 4 cookies.
11. Serve with tea or coffee.