- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Honey Baked Ham Recipe
|Ham||10 Pound (1 no.)|
|Whole cloves||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Frozen orange concentrate||6 Ounce, thawed (1 can)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon, grated|
|Corn starch||3 Tablespoon|
|Oranges||2 , sectioned|
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 208.7 mg
Sodium 241 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.6%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 67 g133.8%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. With a sharp tipped knife, score the ham into a diamond pattern.
3. Press the cloves into the meat, studding it all over. Place in on a rack in the roasting pan.
4. Following the package directions, roast the ham on the middle level of the preheated oven, allowing about 15 minutes per pound.
5. In the meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining the remaining ingredients except the cornstarch and oranges, in a small pan.
6. Place on a medium low heat and simmer gently, until it comes to a boil, stirring frequently.
7. Blend the cornstarch with a little water to make a paste and stir it into the sauce.
8. Cook the sauce, stirring all the while, until it is thick and clear.
9. Remove the cinnamon stick and brush the ham with the sauce, every 15 minutes during the last hour of baking.
10. Allow the ham to cool, then serve warm or cool before serving.
11. Reheat the sauce before serving.
12. Stir in the orange segments.
13. Slice the glazed Orange Honey Baked Ham and serve it with the orange honey sauce.