- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Glazed Turkey Recipe
|Season salt||To Taste (To Season)|
|Turkey gravy||21 Ounce (2 Cans, 10 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Sweet orange marmalade||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dijon-style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||2 (Few Sprigs For Garnish)|
Calories 1174 Calories from Fat 412
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.7%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 430.5 mg
Sodium 990.5 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 144 g288.2%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 43.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and drain the turkey.
2. Pat dry with kitchen towel.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper and rub all over.
4. Preheat the oven to 325°F
5. Place a rack over a roasting pan.
6. Place the turkey, breast side up on the rack.
7. Into the thickest portion of the turkey breast, insert a meat thermometer, making sure that it is away from the bone.
8. Place in the preheated oven and roast the turkey for almost 2 hours.
9. While the turkey is roasting, prepare the glaze by combining remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan.
10. Place pan on a medium high flame and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring all the while, until marmalade has melted.
11. Brush the turkey with 1/2 cup of this glaze during the last 30 minutes of roasting and complete cooking until internal temperature reaches 180°F to 185°F.
12. Remove turkey from oven and transfer it to a serving platter.
13. Cover turkey with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
14. From the drippings in the roasting pan, skim the fat.
15. Pour the glaze into the drippings in the pan.
16. Place on the stove- top and heat, stirring to loosen browned bits, until thick
17. Strain into a sauceboat.
18. Carve the turkey.
19. Garnish with orange slices and rosemary if you like.
20. Serve with the orange gravy on the side.