- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Glazed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
|Cooked sweet potatoes/1 can of 29 ounce, drained||3 Large|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), firmly packed|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 149.5 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 2 g3.5%
Vitamin A 292.9% Vitamin C 43.1%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel potatoes and cut into halves.
2. If potatoes are large, cut into quarters.
3. In a 4-cup measure, combine sugar with cornstarch.
4. Stir in orange juice, orange peel and salt.
5. Cook on High for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring twice.
6. Add butter or margarine to glaze.
7. If thinner glaze is desired, add more orange juice.
8. In a 2-quart casserole, arrange potatoes.
9. Pour sauce over potatoes.
10. Cook on High 5 to 6 minutes.
11. Serve hot.