- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Glazed Chicken Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound, quartered (1 Whole)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Unsalted chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon, mixed with 1 tablespoon water|
|Navel orange||1 , peeled and segmented, zest grated|
|For orange glaze|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 751 Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.1%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.9 mg
Sodium 483 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 72 g143%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 62.5%
Calcium 7% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a small saucepan and combine the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard over medium-low heat for the glaze.
2) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and cook it for three minutes.
3) Season the chicken with the salt and pepper.
4) In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown the chicken pieces in it lightly on each side for about four minutes.
5) Move the chicken to one side of the skillet and add and sauté the garlic for 15 seconds.
6) Pour in the stock to this and bring to a boil.
7) In a pan, arrange the chicken pieces and cook over a low heat for about 25 minutes until the juices run clear when a thigh is pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
8) Transfer them to a broiling pan when done.
9) To make the sauce, skim off the fat from the braising liquid in the skillet and bring the liquid to a boil.
10) Stir in the cornstarch mixture and the orange zest, and again boil the sauce for five minutes.
11) Apply glaze over the chicken pieces and broil for a few minutes to brown.
12) Spoon the sauce over the chicken and server after garnishing with the orange segments.