- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Gingered Sea Bass Recipe
|Julienned red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Julienned scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Julienned carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen concentrated orange juice with no added sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated pared ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chinese sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea bass fillets||1⁄2 Pound (2 pieces, 1/4 pound each)|
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.2 mg
Sodium 46.3 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 40.2% Vitamin C 44.3%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl, except for the fillets, and stir well to thoroughly combine. Set the mixture aside.
2) Arrange the fillets on a microwavable serving platter, in a single layer. With half of the vegetable mixture, top each fillet.
3) Use vented plastic to wrap to cover the fillets and microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 3 minutes. Halfway through cooking, rotate the platter ½ turn.
4) Allow the preparation to stand for about 1 minute, till the fish is cooked thoroughly and easily flakes when tested with a fork.
5) Serve the fillets while they are still hot. Before serving, the preparation can be transferred to a fresh, decorative serving platter. Makes a delectable and nutritious main dish.