- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Fruit Cake Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pitted dates||6 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped|
|Walnuts||4 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||2|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6023 Calories from Fat 2437
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 281 g432.6%
Saturated Fat 127 g635%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 906.8 mg
Sodium 2912.3 mg121.3%
Total Carbohydrates 840 g280.1%
Dietary Fiber 33.2 g132.8%
Sugars 536.7 g
Protein 75 g149.9%
Vitamin A 133.3% Vitamin C 238%
Calcium 80.4% Iron 175.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir several tablespoons of this mixture into the chopped dates and nuts.
3. Cream the butter until smooth, gradually adding one cup sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Stir the baking soda into the buttermilk and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the flour mixture.
5. Add vanilla, dates, nuts and orange rind and mix well. Pour into pan and bake one hour and twenty minutes.
6. Meanwhile, boil together the orange juice and remaining one cup sugar. When cake is done, pour over the top.