- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Flavored Doughnuts Dipped in Honey Syrup Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strained orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Strained fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 685 Calories from Fat 466
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.1%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.3 mg
Sodium 427.9 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine baking soda and 2 cups of flour and sieve. Keep aside.
2. In a large sized bowl, combine ¼ cup oil, ¼ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon orange peel, eggs and orange juice. Mix well and beat using a whisk till well combined.
3. Gradually add sieved flour and keep beating till well combined. The mixture will now resemble a thick batter consistency.
4. Cover with a clean kitchen cloth towel and keep aside for 30 minutes to rest.
5. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, combine remaining sugar, lemon juice and water. Mix well and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
6. Cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till it reaches 1 to 2 string consistency.
7. Reduce flame, add remaining orange peel and honey and cook for 5 more minutes.
8. Remove off flame, cover and keep aside.
9. In a deep fat fryer or 3 inch depth heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat oil for frying.
10. Portion rested dough into 10 equal 2 inch round balls. Use flour while doing this so that dough doesn-€™t stick to your hands.
11. Flatten the roundels lightly and make a hole in the centre of each roundel. You can also use a readymade doughnut mould/ doughnut press for the same.
12. Deep fry in moderately hot oil for about 5 minutes, or till golden brown in colour.
13. Drain on absorbent paper and while warm, make tiny insertions in 2 to 3 places on them using a dessert fork.
14. Dip in sugar syrup till well coated and place on to serving plate.
15. Serve immediately.