- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Crisps Recipe
|Butter||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Self raising flour||5 Ounce (150 Grams)|
|Castor sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Finishing)|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 453.4 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil, butter or baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F, 180° C
3. Into a large bowl, sift the flour.
4. Mix in the orange rind and sugar.
5. Add butter, cut into small cubes to the flour and rub in with your finger tips until all of the fat has blended with the flour and the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
6. Using a plastic spatula, bind the mixture to resemble a cookie dough.
7. Form the dough into 1 inch balls and place them 1 inch apart from each other on the baking sheet.
8. Using a fork, lightly press the cookies give them a slight impression as well.
9. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
10. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack.
11. Generously sprinkle caster sugar on the cookies while they are warm.
12. Serve the cookies with tea.
13. You can store the cookies in an air tight cookie jar or a plastic food container.