- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Cream Dressing Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.6 mg24.5%
Sodium 82.5 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.37%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 20.7%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl or cup, combine sugar, flour, mustard and salt in a cup.
2. Fit a bowl over a double boiler pan and break in eggs.
3. Whisk lightly with a wire whisk until eggs are beaten then blend in dry ingredients.
4. Gradually add orange and lemon juices whisking until smooth.
5. Cook stirring constantly, over double boiler for 5 minutes until sauce coats back of spoon.
6. Strain sauce into a medium-size bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Fold the whipped cream into the cooled orange-cream dressing and pour into a sauceboat.
8. Serve with orange-cream dressing with melon or fruit salad