- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Cranberry Muffins Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cranberry sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 975 Calories from Fat 529
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.6%
Saturated Fat 37 g185%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 256.9 mg
Sodium 842.8 mg35.1%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 40.8 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 39.5% Vitamin C 42.9%
Calcium 32.7% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Mix together the butter and sugar until creamy.
3) Add orange rind and eggs and beat well.
4) Sift together the flour with baking powder and salt.
5) Add with orange juice to the creamed mixture.
6) Fill greased muffin tins 1/3 full; add a teaspoon of cranberry sauce to each.
7) Add remaining batter to fill each muffin tin 2/3 full.
8) Bake in a 400°F oven for approximately 25 minutes.
9) Serve hot with a drop of cranberry sauce as topping.