- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Cookies Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 , grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.3 mg
Sodium 167 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 14.9%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Grease a cookie sheet or line with baking paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour with, with baking power. Keep aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar and range rind and beat using an electric beater or a wooden spoon, until light and creamy.
5. Blend in the egg, beating vigorously.
6. Add the flour and work into a batter, adding the orange juice alternately to bind.
7. Turn out on a flour dusted work surface and roll out into a thin sheet.
8. Use round cookie cutters to cut out the dough and arrange on the cookie sheet, leaving space between each.
9. Sprinkle with some sugar if you like
10. Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown
11. Remove and slide onto a wire rack and cool.
12. Serve along with tea or coffee.
This recipe makes soft cookies. If you like your cookies to be crisp, use 1/4 cup of orange juice while making the cookie dough.