- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Chocolate Chip Snack Cake Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Regular salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Any vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.9 mg14%
Sodium 412.9 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 20.3%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Mix .
3. In another bowl, crack egg, and whisk it well.
4. Put orange juice, sour cream, orange zest, vegetable oil, and vinegar with egg. Mix until smooth.
5. Drop dry ingredients into the egg mixture, a little at a time, whisking constantly.
6. Fold chocolate chips in it. Mix to incorporate.
7. Line a greased cake pan with parchment paper, and pour mixture in it.
8. Pop it in oven, and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
9. Allow the cake to rest in pan for 20 minutes, then transfer it to a cooling rack. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
10. Cut in slices, and serve it with a cup of hot coffee.