- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Candied Sweet Potatoes Or Yams Recipe
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet potatoes/Yams||4 Medium, parboiled, peeled, and halved|
|Navel orange||1 , peeled and sectioned (For Garnish)|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 84 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23%
Sugars 34.3 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 432.5% Vitamin C 70.6%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed, large skillet, melt butter over a low flame.
2. Add sugar, orange juice and rind, and stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Allow the liquid to simmer, stirring occasionally until it thickens slightly.
4. Tip in the potatoes and toss lightly.
5. Simmer for 10-15 minutes spoon the sauce over the potatoes and tossing until glazed.
6. Empty into a serving dish and keep warm.
7. In a skillet, arrange the orange segments and warm over a medium low flame for 2-3 minutes tuning them once until lightly caramelized.
8. Garnish warm potatoes with the candied orange segments and serve immediately.