- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Cake Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Sour milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Orange||1 , juiced, rind grated|
|Orange rind||1 , grated (From 1 Orange)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2706 Calories from Fat 917
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.6%
Saturated Fat 22.9 g114.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 2048.1 mg85.3%
Total Carbohydrates 413 g137.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.4%
Sugars 237.6 g
Protein 45 g90.2%
Vitamin A 91.3% Vitamin C 166.6%
Calcium 105.3% Iron 66.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream together the sugar and margarine thoroughly.
3) Add the egg and beat properly.
4) Add the orange rind and juice.
5) Add the milk to the mixture, alternately with the flour, baking powder, baking soda which have been sifted together.
6) Pour the batter into an 8x8-inch pan.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
8) Serve as preferred.