- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Butter Gems Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), powdered|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange extract||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 915 Calories from Fat 423
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.2%
Saturated Fat 29.6 g148%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.8 mg57.9%
Sodium 154.4 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 51.3 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. In a bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. In another bowl sift flour, measure and sift again with mace and salt.
4. Add 1 cup of the flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture.
5. Beat in egg, orange peel and orange extract and add remaining flour mixture.
6. Put dough into cookie press and form cookies on ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Decorate with tinted frosting if desired and serve.