- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Butter Frosting Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream/2 tablespoons orange juice and 1 egg yolk||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 192 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.5 mg
Sodium 26.3 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.53%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 0.28 g0.55%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 0.06%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add butter or margarine to cream until soft.
2) Slowly stir in 1 cup of the sugar and continue creaming.
3) Fold in orange rind and salt.
4) Alternately add remaining cup of sugar, cream or juice and egg yolk. Beat the mixture to smooth after every addition.
5) Prepare a spreading consistency, by adding sufficient quantity of cream.
6) Use the icing to frost the top and sides of two 8-inch layers or tops of two 9-inch layers.