- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Date Bran Muffins Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.6 mg
Sodium 194 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a 12 cup muffin tray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add and combine flour with bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and brown sugar. Set it aside.
4. In another bowl, add and combine the egg with vegetable oil, buttermilk, orange juice and orange rind. Whisk until well combined.
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined.
6. Add the dates and stir until well incorporated.
7. Take the greased muffin tray and spoon the batter into each cup and bake it the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
8. Once done, remove and let them cool completely before serving.
9. Serve these muffins with warm milk or coffee.