- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Biscuits Recipe
|Packaged biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.9 mg
Sodium 74.2 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 0.84 g1.7%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Make Biscuits: In large bowl, combine biscuit mix, sugar, milk, and butter; stir quickly with fork just until well mixed.
3. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 8 to 10 times.
4. Make Filling: Combine the marmalade, pecans, and brown sugar; mix well.
5. Roll dough into a 12-by-9-inch rectangle; brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Spread with filling mixture, to within 1/2 inch of edge.
6. From short side, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Cut crosswise into 9 (1-inch) slices.
7. Arrange slices, cut side down, in prepared pan; brush with rest of melted butter.
8. Bake 20 minutes or until golden-brown.