- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange, Banana and Pineapple Ambrosia Recipe
|Navel oranges||4 Large|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||20 Ounce (1 can)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 23.9 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.7%
Sugars 53.9 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 216.9%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare oranges, peel them, remove white membrane and cut oranges crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
2. To prepare pineapple drain it saving juice.
3. In a bowl combine the pineapple juice with the orange juice and set aside.
4. To prepare bananas, peel them and cut on the diagonal into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
5. In attractive serving bowl, layer half the orange slices and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar.
6. Layer half the banana slices , half the pineapple and sprinkle with half the coconut.
7. Repeat layering and pour juice mixture over top.
8. Refrigerate for about 3-4 hours until well chilled and serve.