- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Avocado Salad Recipe
|Lemon flavor gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned small shrimp||5 Ounce, drained (1 Can, Tiny Sized)|
|Oranges||2 , peeled and segmented|
|Avocado||1 , peeled and diced|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Green onions||3 , finely sliced|
|Lettuce leaves||6 (Use As Required)|
Calories 581 Calories from Fat 390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.6%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157 mg
Sodium 384.3 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.1%
Sugars 27.4 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 40.6% Vitamin C 80.7%
Calcium 9% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large mixing bowl, stir the gelatin in boiling water to dissolve.
2) Stir in cold water and refrigerate until thickened.
3) Then gently fold in the oranges and avocado.
4) In a 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan, pour the mixture and place in the refrigerator until firm.
5) In a bowl, blend the mayonnaise, sour cream and chili sauce together.
6) Then fold in the shrimp, eggs and green onions.
7) Slice gelatin into four pieces and place each portion on a lettuce-lined plate.
8) Spoon over the dressing and serve immediately or place the dressing in a bowl and serve.