- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Avocado Salad Recipe
|Romaine head||1 Medium|
|Navel oranges||3 Large|
|Firm ripe avocado||1 Large|
|Lemon dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.4%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 380 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.4 g61.4%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 280.7% Vitamin C 228%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate the lettuce leaves from the head and wash them thoroughly.
2. Plunge the leaves in a bowl of ice chilled water and leave for 20 minutes.
3. Drain crisp chilled leaves and pat dry on paper toweling.
4. Into a large bowl, tear the romaine into bite-size pieces
5. Pare and segment oranges into a small bowl.
6. Refrigerate lettuce and oranges.
7. Just before serving, peel, halve and pit the avocado.
8. Slice into thinly.
9. In a salad bowl or over individual plates, make a bed of lettuce.
10. Arrange avocado and orange on top.
11. Drizzle Lemon Dressing on top and toss gently to coat.