- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Apricot Chicken Recipe Video
|Boneless skinless chicken thighs||2 Pound, pounded (4 piece)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Blue moon belgian white beer||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange wedge||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped (for garnish)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 963 Calories from Fat 447
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.7%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 276.8 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 46.8 g
Protein 77 g153.5%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 34.7%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place chicken on a tray and season it with salt and pepper. Keep it aside.
2. Place a skillet over medium high heat for about 1 minute. Pour olive oil and spread it all around.
3. Add chicken to pan and cook for a couple of minutes. Turn and cook until juice run clear and chicken turns golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet and place it on a plate. Allow it to rest.
4. For sauce, remove the skillet from heat, and pour beer in it. Return it to heat, and with a whisk scrape off all brown bits. Simmer to reduce by half.
5. Then, stir in orange marmalade, apricot preserve, and chili flakes to it. Whisk and bring them together.
6. Put thyme, rosemary and butter in skillet. Mix it well.
7. Place chicken on a serving plate, spoon sauce on top, and serve it immediately with orange wedge garnish.