- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Apple Apricot Scones Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Unbleached)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon, Cut into 6 pieces (Cold)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Dried apple||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), roughly chopped|
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87 mg29%
Sodium 408.5 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 25% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425Â°F.
2) Grease a heavy baking sheet lightly.
3) In a large bowl, mix the both the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
4) Then, cut the butter into the dry ingredients.
5) In another medium-sized bowl, combine the honey, eggs, orange rind, and milk and whisk thoroughly.
6) Add this to the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Mix until the dry ingredients are just moistened and the dough is sticky.
7) Add the apricots and apples.
8) Into a lightly floured work surface, turn the dough.
9) Flatten the dough into a 3/4-inch-thick rectangle. Then, cut the rectangle to form 6 triangular scones.
10) On the baking sheet, arrange the scones 1/2-inch apart.
11) Bake the scones till golden brown, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until done.
12) Serve as required.