- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange and Raisin Scones Recipe
|Plain flour||10 Ounce (285 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce, diced (70 Gram)|
|Margarine||2 1⁄2 Ounce, diced (70 Gram)|
|Orange||1 Large, rind grated|
|Raisins||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Buttermilk||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Glazing)|
Calories 672 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.9 mg
Sodium 706 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 30.5 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 24.4% Vitamin C 38.1%
Calcium 48.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the butter and margarine and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Add the orange rind and raisins.
4. Gradually stir in the buttermilk to form a soft dough.
5. Roll out the dough about 3/4 in (2 cm) thick. Stamp out circles with a biscuit cutter.
6. Place on the prepared sheet and brush the tops with milk.
7. Bake until golden, 12-15 minutes. Serve hot or warm, with butter, or whipped or clotted cream, and jam.