- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange and Onion Salad Recipe
|Boston lettuce head||1 Medium|
|Red onion||1 Medium|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon style mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Fruity olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh watercress||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 125 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 76.9 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 70.1%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and put thoroughly washed, separated and dried lettuce leaves in it.
2) Remove the peel and white pith from oranges. Place a bowl and nicely section all the oranges. Catch and reserve the juice that might come out.
3) Place orange sections and onion slices over the lettuce in the bowl.
4) Place a damp paper towel over the salad and refrigerate.
5) Take a small bowl and mix together vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, 2 tablespoons reserved orange juice and pepper in it.
6) Gently add the oil and mix fresh watercress, if desired.
7) Pour prepared dressing over the chilled salad and toss to coat evenly.
8) Serve alongside lunch or dinner.