- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Orange And Onion Salad Recipe
|Curly endive head||1⁄4|
|Mild white onion||1 Large|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 405.8 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 187.7% Vitamin C 166.8%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash endive and lettuce leaves and plunge them in a bowl of ice-chilled water.
2. Let soak for 15 minutes.
3. With a sharp knife, peel the oranges and thinly slice, removing pith and seeds.
4. Peel the onion and slice thinly into rings.
5. Drain lettuce and endive and pat dry on paper toweling
6. Line a salad bowl with them.
Heap orange and onion slices in the salad bowl.
In a small bowl, combine and stir dressing ingredients.
7. Just before serving, dress salad.
8. Serve salad immediately after dressing it.