- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange and Lemon Ice Cream Recipe
|Evaporated milk||6 Ounce, chilled overnight (170 Gram Can)|
|Non dairy cream||10 Fluid Ounce (284 Milliliter Carton)|
|Icing sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Oranges||3 Large, rind grated|
|Oranges||2 Large, juiced|
|Lemons||2 Large, rind grated and juiced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2421 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.3 mg
Sodium 185.9 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 355 g118.3%
Dietary Fiber 31.9 g127.6%
Sugars 164 g
Protein 21 g41.2%
Vitamin A 53.9% Vitamin C 971%
Calcium 97.7% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mixing bowl, place the evaporated milk and whisk with an electric mixer until it has trebled in bulk.
2) Slowly beat in the cream and continue whisking till further thickened and trebled again.
3) Beat in the sugar with the fruit rinds and juice.
4) Transfer into a freezer container and cover, seal and freeze overnight.
5) Soften for 15-20 minutes before serving.
6) Spoon into individual dishes.