- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange and Honey Tea Bread Recipe
|Plain flour||13 1⁄2 Ounce (385 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Clear honey||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (At Room Temperature)|
|Orange rind||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Squeezed orange juice||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Walnuts||4 Ounce, chopped (115 Gram)|
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg
Sodium 341.5 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 26.6 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
3. Line the bottom and sides of a 9 X 5 in (23 X 13 cm) loaf tin with greaseproof paper and grease.
4. With an electric mixer, cream the margarine until soft. Stir in the honey until blended, then stir in the egg. Add the orange rind and stir to combine thoroughly.
5. Fold the flour mixture into the honey and egg mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the orange juice. Stir in the walnuts.
6. Pour into the tin and bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, 60-70 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool.