- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange and Grapefruit Segments in Lemon Juice Recipe
|Juicy oranges||4 Large|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||To Taste|
|Fresh mint leaves||6|
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.58 g0.89%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.97 mg0.04%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 236.5%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a shallow dish,prepare the oranges and grapefruit with the help of a sharp knife, so that no juice is lost by slicing off the top and bottom of each fruit,removing all the pith and outer membrane with the peel.
2) Base the fruit on one cut end and give sharp, straight downward strokes, cut off peel and membrane all around sides.
3) Now turn fruit on its other end and again repeat the above process of removing the peel and membranes.
4) Finally, slice off ring of peel left around center.
5) Now, a slightly angular-shaped fruit, completely free of pith as well as peel should be left.This can be achieved through practice and with the help of sharp cutting tools.
6) Now take fruit in one hand and slip your knife between each segment and the membrane holding it on either side.
7) Cut segment out, keeping it whole if possible and remove any seeds and drop segment into the juice below.
8) Continue the process until all you have left is the central core and empty membranes resembling like the leaves of a book.
9) Into the dish,squeeze out any remaining juice .
10) Toss orange and grapefruit segments with lemon juice to lightly mix and sweeten to taste with sugar. Refrigerate.
11) Serve in individual glass dishes, decorated with a fresh mint leaf.