- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Almond Turkish Delight Recipe
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Arrowroot flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Arrowroot flour||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 0.46 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.5 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 26.2 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 51.9%
Calcium 4% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take an 8 x 8 in cake pan and line the bottom and sides with waxed paper.
2. Use arrowroot flour to sprinkle the bottom.
3. Into a saucepan add the orange juice freshly squeezed from oranges followed by adding the almonds and honey.
4. With the arrowroot combine cold water.
5. Let the orange juice mixture heat and slowly stir in the arrowroot.
6. Let the mixture heat over a low to medium flame stirring constantly, until it's very thick.
7. Into a pan spoon the mixture.
8. Using the remaining arrowroot flour smoothen the top and sprinkle lightly.
9. Let it refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
10. Serve after slicing it into pieces it's a delicious and unusual treat for a change of pace dessert.