- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Almond Salad: On the Side #20 Recipe Video
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned mandarin oranges||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Salad greens||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vinaigrette dressing||To Taste|
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 0.7 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.4 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 36.8% Vitamin C 69.9%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFor the vinaigrette salad dressing you will need:
Red wine vinegar
1. In a dry saute pan over medium heat, toast the almonds. Keep stirring them and as they start to toast, turn off the heat as they get close to being done.
2. When you're ready to make your salad in a salad bowl, place the salad greens, oranges and almonds.
3. Add some of the salad dressing. Toss well and taste for seasoning and adjust according to your liking.
4. Keep this salad lightly dressed which will help you taste the greens in the salad and will not over power the salad and be sure to enjoy with your favorite main dishes!
If you'd like to use the "Good Seasons" salad dressing recipe shown here, follow these directions:
1. In a 1 cup measuring cup, measuring 1/4 cup of canola oil.
2 Then fill to the 2/3 mark with red wine vinegar.
3. Then fill to the 3/4 mark with water.
4. Place oil & vinegar mixture in a jar or seal-able container, along with the packet of dressing mix and shake well.