- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Open Faced Broiled Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped green onion/Chopped cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|California sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Processed swiss cheese/Processed american cheese||1⁄4 Pound, cut into cubes|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.3%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.4 mg
Sodium 1368.2 mg57%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the skin of tuna.
2) Combine tuna with green onion or cucumber, celery, olives and mayonnaise.
3) In top of a double boiler, over hot water, pour a mixture of soup and wine.
4) Sprinkle with cheese and then cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts.
5) Further beat the mixture well until smooth.
6) Toast 1 side of bread and place it on a baking pan with the non-toasted side up.
7) Pile each slice with tuna salad and then top with cheese sauce.
8) Broil the sandwiches until cheese becomes bubbly and brown.
9) Sprinkle with paprika and serve at once.