- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Open Face Zucchini Omelette Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Pepper red||2 Drop|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green pepper||To Taste, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 330.6 mg
Sodium 725.8 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 25.2%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer or rotary beater, combine the first seven ingredients and whisk or beat until well blended.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large oven-proof skillet or frying pan, heat the oil over medium high heat
4. Add zucchini and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes until very soft.
5. Pour the beaten egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet.
6. Allow the egg on the sides to start setting then gently stir using a spatula so that the uncooked egg flows below and sets.
7. Once the bottom of the omelet is golden and the top is set but soft, transfer the skillet immediately to the oven.
8. Let the egg on top set, about 4-5 minutes
9. Remove pan from oven, loosen the omelet with the spatula and slide it onto a serving plate.
10. Cut it into wedges and serve immediately while hot and fluffy.